Showing posts from October 2014
Drastic changes to services and extra money is needed if the NHS in England is not to suffer, health bosses say.
A five-year plan for the NHS - unveiled by six national bodies - once again highlighted that an annual £30bn shortfall would open up by 2020.
It said changes, such as GP practices offering hospital services, would help to plug a large chunk of the gap.
But health chiefs said the NHS would still need above inflation rises of 1.5% over the coming years.
That works out at an extra £8bn a year above inflation by 2020. The current budget stands at £100bn a year.
But the plan - called the NHS Forward View - said this would only be enough if the health service became more efficient.
To achieve this, the plan called for a rethink about the way services were delivered.
To read more click here.
Scientists say they have identified the underlying reason why some people are prone to the winter blues, or seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
People with Sad have an unhelpful way of controlling the "happy" brain signalling compound serotonin during winter months, brain scans reveal.
As the nights draw in, production of a transporter protein ramps up in Sad, lowering available serotonin.
To read the full article please click here.
Routes Training department has now held over 262 internal training courses since last year, with more courses being added to the training portfolio.
Routes Training now have our own Facebook page and will be updating it on a regular basis, please pass this on and hit the like button!
Posted by: Reg Storey on October 20th, 2014 @ 10:15 AM
All the trainers are now registered Dementia Friends, why not join us and raise awareness?
Follow the link below:-
Posted by: Reg Storey on October 13th, 2014 @ 2:00 PM
The importance of mental wellbeing has gained significant support in recent times. But does it protect against mental illness?
"If I do things that will make me happier," the logic goes, "I am less likely to experience mental health difficulties."
To read more about this, please click here.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told