Showing posts from April 2014
One staff member has been sacked and seven suspended from one of England's largest care homes after an undercover probe by BBC Panorama found poor care.
The filming at the Old Deanery in Essex showed some residents being taunted, roughly handled and one was slapped.
The home said it was "shocked and saddened by the allegations".
Care Quality Commission figures seen by the BBC show over a third of homes that received warning notices since 2011 still do not meet basic standards.
Click here to read more.
A new online map of England and Wales allows people to enter their postcode and find their community's risk of developing 14 conditions, such as heart disease and lung cancer.
The map presents population-wide health information for England and Wales.
The researchers at Imperial College London pointed out that it could not be used to see an individual's risk.
It indicated an area's health risk, relative to the average for England and Wales, they stressed.
To read more click here.
The number of older people in England needing care will "outstrip" the number of family members able to provide it by 2017, a think tank has warned.
An Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) report estimates that by 2030 there will be more than two million people aged 65 and over with no child living nearby to give care if needed.
The IPPR said the country must "build new community institutions" to cope.
The government said it was working to make sure more people got care at home.
The IPPR report estimates that, of the two million people it says will have no child living nearby to care for them in England in 2030, 230,000 will need more than 20 hours of care per week.
To read the full article click here.
"I just wanted to give you some positive feedback with regard to Sue, she has worked with a male service user today who requires a lot of input due to the nature of his illness and behaviour issues.
My observations of Sue’s practice is exemplary, she demonstrates patience, sensitivity and a very sound knowledge of dementia care, just wanted to say well done. I have spoken to Sue today and given her the positive feedback."
Shirley, Respite Care Co-ordinator
- Pretty Muddy Blackpool Cancer Research UK Race for Life
- Blackpool & Preston Jobs Fair
- Congratulations to Heather!
- Highlights from the world's largest forum for dementia research
- Nine lifestyle factors that could influence your risk of dementia
- Excellence in all we do
- Newcastle CQC inspection achieves a Good
- Are you looking for a passionate, fun, supportive team to join?
- 50:50 Recruitment Incentive
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told