Showing posts from July 2013
''The training I have received at Routes Healthcare has been second to none. Far better then any training I have received from previous care work environments. The in house trainer makes the courses enjoyable and engaging. I have found the training useful and a great tool to add to my CV.''
This was feedback from a new recruit in our Sale Branch. Well done to Abby, our Routes Healthcare In House Trainer!
The heatwave currently hitting many parts of the UK is set to continue for at least another week, forecasters say.
To read the full article, click here.
This was a compliment for Leanne Burke, who works from our Sale Office of Routes Healthcare.
"Just wanted to let you know mum passed away this afternoon. Thank you so much for looking after her and the family. It made things so much easier to know there was some body there who truly cared. Thank you. xx"
Well done Leanne!
Could that niggling health problem actually mean you're deficient in something? Learn what your body might be trying to tell you about the vitamins and minerals you could lack.
FEELING GRUMPY - COULD MEAN YOU LACK: Iron.
(RDA): 8.7mg men, 14.8mg women.
Pale skin, light-headedness and spoon-shaped nails are oft-quoted signs of iron deficiency. But feeling cranky (along with tiredness and poor concentration) is a more common early symptom due to reduced levels of oxygen going to the brain, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Iron is a key component of red blood cells, and allows them to pick up oxygen and transport it around the body.
Up to 30 per cent of teenage girls and 17 per cent of women are affected by a low iron status, with risk being higher in women who have heavy periods.
FOOD SOLUTION: Red meat, nuts and greens - animal sources of iron such as beef, eggs and sardines are absorbed best, but nuts, pulses, green veg and fortified breakfast cereals are also good if taken with a source of vitamin C, e.g. orange juice, to boost absorption. Supplements may be the only solution in more severe deficiency.
To read more click here.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told
- Sage Payroll Person Required at Routes Macclesfield