Showing posts tagged with: south yorkshire
From Monday 6 August, Routes Healthcare will have a new Macclesfield office to service our South Cheshire and Derbyshire clients and staff which will also be our new Accounts and Payroll base.
This expansion will not only give us a dedicated presence in this region of the country enabling us to provide an even more efficient and speedy service, it has also allowed Routes to create two new job vacancies as we seek to increase our Central Services and Accounts staffing.
Cast your mind back to 27 February. It was a Monday morning. The weather was pretty mild for the end of winter.
The day before Liverpool had won the Carling Cup football final, while the Sun on Sunday had just been launched.
For the NHS, it was to be the busiest day of the year.
The bed occupancy rate nationally was 92% - seven percentage points above the recognised safe level - according to an analysis by monitoring body Dr Foster.
Nearly half of the 145 trusts in England reported a bed occupancy rate of 95% or above.
There is nothing to suggest anything specific went wrong that day.
But what is certain is that staff working on the wards of hospitals up and down the country would have been struggling to keep up.
Quality of care
When bed occupancy tips the 85% mark the system goes into overdrive - and things start to give.
For patients that means quality of care may suffer.
They may have to wait that little bit longer before their call bell is answered. There may not be enough staff to help the frail at meal times.
Discharge planning can go awry as hospitals become desperate to free up beds. That can mean they turf people out before they are ready or before the support in the community from district nursing teams and social care is in place.
Because of the shortage of beds, patients can find themselves moved around from ward to ward, inevitably finding themselves in unsuitable surroundings.
On their own, these things seem relatively minor, but added together they create the sort of care that leaves people feeling aggrieved and which, at its worse, is unsafe.
For the full article click here.
Routes Healthcare Yorkshire are inviting you to visit them at the jobs fair at Bradford University.
The event will be held at Bradford University, Long Side Lane from 12.30-15.30pm on Thursday 25th May 2017. Please come along and visit our exhibit for information on Health and Social Care jobs in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Leeds. Branch Manager Sarah Bailey hosts the event alongside specialist recruiters Ella-Mae Jackson and Laura Ainley Pearson.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Come along today and say hello to our team’s from Bradford & Kirkless at Bradford University’s Careers Fair.
Are you looking for a passionate, fun, supportive team to join?
If so, we would love to hear from you. As one of the foremost providers of specialist care in the North, we are recruiting a branch RGN to join our community team.
- Pretty Muddy Blackpool Cancer Research UK Race for Life
- Blackpool & Preston Jobs Fair
- Congratulations to Heather!
- Highlights from the world's largest forum for dementia research
- Nine lifestyle factors that could influence your risk of dementia
- Excellence in all we do
- Newcastle CQC inspection achieves a Good
- Are you looking for a passionate, fun, supportive team to join?
- 50:50 Recruitment Incentive
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told