Showing posts tagged with: community
Routes Healthcare is acting as one of the local companies to sponsor and support Rathmell Young Farmers in Craven, North Yorkshire for its up and coming Rathmell Show, near Settle.
Many people with severe mental health problems miss out on the care they should
receive for physical illnesses, researchers say.
A British Journal of Psychiatry paper found those with severe mental illness were less likely to get drugs for conditions such as high blood pressure.
The University of Leicester team reviewed 61 existing studies to reach their conclusions.
Campaigners said patients' physical health was "often overlooked".
The studies analysed by the team covered almost two million people, mainly living in the US.
They looked at treatment of conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis and HIV.
It was found that patients with severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia, received lower than expected prescriptions for essential drugs to treat high blood pressure, including ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers and statins.
Overall, it was estimated that the rate of undertreatment for medical conditions was 10% for those with severe mental illness.
To read the full article, click here.
Our Rochdale branch have recently had their CQC inspection and we are pleased to report they achieved a Good with an Outstanding rating.
Routes Healthcare Yorkshire are inviting you to visit them at the jobs fair at Bradford University.
The event will be held at Bradford University, Long Side Lane from 12.30-15.30pm on Thursday 25th May 2017. Please come along and visit our exhibit for information on Health and Social Care jobs in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and Leeds. Branch Manager Sarah Bailey hosts the event alongside specialist recruiters Ella-Mae Jackson and Laura Ainley Pearson.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Make safeguaarding everyone's business this World Elder Abuse Awareness Day!
Today is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) and we want to support all care workers to uphold the safety and dignity of the elders they care for.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told