Palliative Healthcare Assistant in Stockport
Routes Healthcare are recruiting for female Healthcare Assistants to provide palliative care to our clients who live in their own homes. We are looking for both day and night staff to work on our runs in Tameside, Glossop and Stockport.
- Day staff must be available between the hours of 7am and 8pm.
- Night staff must be available between 10pm and 6am.
Routes are able to offer unlimited free training in all aspects of care, courses can include: Moving and Handling, Medication Management, Dementia Awareness, palliative care, First Aid and Peg feeding.
As a Palliative Healthcare Assistant you will be responsible for providing quality care and support in the community, duties will include:
- Social Support
- Personal Care
- Managing medication
- Meal preparation
- Light domestic duties
- Assisting with daily living activities
Our commitment to you:
- We allow you to spend quality time with your clients - we do not comission any 15 minute calls!
- 24 Hour on-call support, 7 days a week
- Career progression - opportunities to enrol onto NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- A petrol allowance per shift
- Weekly pay and a weekly rota based on your own availability.
(Please note that the hourly rate is inclusive of your holiday pay)
- An NVQ Level 2 or 3 within Health and Social Care
- Previous training certificates - If transferable, we will be able to use these, enabling you to go out to work quicker
- DBS registered with the update service
- Previous peg feeding experience
- Full driving licence and your own transport - you must have Type 1 business insurance and be able to provide the documents to evidence this
- Minimum 6 months previous care experience
- Must be reliable and flexible
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- 5 year employment history to ensure reference checks can be carried out
If you believe that you could be the person we are looking for to join our ever-growing family, please contact Heather on 0161 359 5680.
Call lines are open Mon-Fri from 9am until 5pm
Alternatively, you can send your CV via email to Tameside@routeshealthcare.com
* Please note that if you have no experience in the healthcare sector, we will not be able to offer you an interview.*
£8.41 per hour - This is inclusive of your holiday pay