Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can make a difference to people’s lives daily? Well then, being an Assistant Manager might be the route for you!
To support with upholding the National Minimum Standards and expected Outcomes as laid down by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). It is envisaged that a Level 4 in Leadership and Management is desirable as a minimum to fulfil the role and to also have relevant industry experience.
The candidate must be aware of advances and alterations in the broad environment that may potentially affect the business and build awareness amongst colleagues of these changes.
- Role: Assistant Manager
- Where: Blackpool
- Hours: Full-time hours, 35 per week.
- Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
What are we looking?
- Somebody who is passionate through and through about delivering high quality care to our clients
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in community care
- A good understanding of the health and social care sector and the provision of person-centred care
• Administration Duties
• Weekly compliance checks (Field worker/clients)
• Quality audits and actions (long hours reporting and monitoring, capacity in workforce)
• Sharing of management information such as pipeline data
• Recruitment – Support and participate in field worker interviews, open events, job centre programmes and other branch initiatives
• Assist with growth aspiration and vision of branch and organisation
• Retention of field workers
• Client visits.
• Support branch colleagues with run reviews
• Representation at MDT meetings
• Driving processes and implement change management
• Safeguarding and complaints management in absence of Registered Manager CQC
• To complete CQC statutory notifications when required to do so.
• To comply with all mandatory legislation in order to provide care solutions to Clients. E.g. the Care Act 2014, Care Standards Act, Employment Law, AWR, Pensions Act, Working Time Regulations and CQC Outcomes.
• To complete Risk Assessments as necessary, in line with current legislation. These may include field-based assessments, worker and client assessments. Finance
• To ensure accurate payroll information such as add/deds, petty cash, DBS payments ant timesheets are submitted to meet the required deadline.
• To keep pay rates and charge rates for all temporary roles in line with Agenda for change, NHSP and other agencies to ensure Routes Healthcare remains competitive and fair at all times.
• To ensure all steps are taken to assess the ability of clients to pay promptly before doing business, to gain optimum results from sales and service efforts.
• To manage the financial income and expenditure for the Branch and build reports as requested by the Operations Director. • To strive to meet all budgeted targets set in the business plan. Training
• Train and develop branch staff to enable them to achieve optimum productivity and performance whilst providing a quality service. • To ensure that that all workers supplied are competent and trained to undertake the activities for which they are assigned and responsible for.
• To ensure that all field and branch compliance is meeting expectations e.g. 95% at ad-hoc compliance. Occasional Tasks
• Chair meetings as appropriate General
• To comply at all times with the Company’s procedures regarding Conduct and Confidentiality.
• To be responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable care is taken for one’s own health and safety and also for the health and safety of others.
• To be responsible and take ownership for one’s continuous personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when appropriate, including appropriate Health and Safety Training.
• To be responsible for any other task identified by the Line Manager as falling reasonably within the scope and range of the position.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days paid holiday, 8 days paid Bank Holiday AND an extra day off for your birthday
- Opportunity to earn bonus after successful probation period
- Full support, to enable you to do your job with confidence
- Opportunity for career progression and CPD, based on your career aspirations and your discussion with your line manager
- Join the #RoutesSquad on our very own social app Rloop
Our #RoutesSquad is made up of an incredible team of people from all walks of life, working together with a driven focus to support people in our community by providing top-notch Health & Social Care. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion and is excited to be part of our journey.
Would you like to join our team?
Your route into care
Routes Healthcare want people to join our team who are passionate about a career in care. We want to accelerate your skills by identifying your training needs and engage you with one of our qualified nurses to deliver your customised training plan to allow your career in care to come on leaps and bounds.
Care assistants support others to live independently in their own homes, which can include supporting hobbies, activities and day trips, personal care and any other needs of our service users. If you’re looking for a career that genuinely makes a difference to people’s lives, Routes Healthcare want to hear from you.